Monday 4 January 2010

Bored in Auckland

Well bored I must be if I finally resort to finally blogging. It’s not that I haven’t wanted to blog, it’s just that so much has been going on in my life recently. You know the old adage, when it rains … it pours. And pour it does.

Anyhow, I’m currently in Auckland, New Zealand. In the Koru Lounge to be precise. I arrived at 0900 LT this morning after an 11 hour flight on the New Zealand national carrier Air New Zealand from Tokyo, Japan. I have a 6.5 hour layover before heading on to Melbourne, Australia. I had planned on heading into the city for a wee look however on arrival it was raining and not that warm (it’s supposed to be summer down here). So I headed to the lounge and decided to chill. I have been that board that I have:

• moved seats 6 times
• had a shower (have they not heard of bleach to clean?)
• worked my way through their beer selection (well, just 3 of the 21 on offer)
• photocopied my hand on the business centre photocopier
• plan spotted
• played ‘match-the-person-to-the-destination’
• drank my own body weight in L&P
• charged my laptop
• charged my cell phone
• charged my camera battery
• wondered why they haven’t replaced 2 light bulbs that have blown

Not long to go now. If I had any longer, I may well just have resorted to these ideas. Just 40 minutes until they start boarding. It’s another 3.5 hours to Melbourne from Auckland. Should it be movie or sleep?

Happy New Year to y’all!

3 comments:

A Lewis said...

Plan Spotted? Hum.
And, by the way, is THIS what it takes to get you back to blogging?

Happy travels. See you here for dinner.

Unknown said...

Glad you are back blogging! I hope you continue and please tell us about Melbourne (with pictures).

Andy said...

what plans did you spot?